Walking Among The Clouds

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Walking Among The Clouds

This is where my friends and I write our stories, be it an RP or one they have come up with themselves. Here we discuss what to do, ask each other for critiques, and anything that comes up at the time. A connection source for the creative.

2 posters

Quest Post Here

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Quest Post Here Empty Quest Post Here

Post  Admin Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:28 pm

All questers, post here, there two different story lines within this one story, eventually they will meet up. For now, please hold with it.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Quest Post Here Empty Rilto Eldban ~ Let It Begin

Post  Admin Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:01 am

It was time. Rilot looked around the sparse room he used for his temporary headquarters. For the past two weeks he had been scouting throughout the kingdom for suitable youths. Now, thanks to inconspicuous letters they had all gathered in Elsyria. All but one. He was going to get her now.

Rilot's thoughts trailed to what he was doing. A group of youths as different as could be and yet he knew that this was necessary. He was among the lost magik. In fact he had lost it only two and a half weeks ago. He had given up knight training when he discovered his magik a week before he had turned sixteen. Knowing.

He knew, sometimes it would show up, and he couldn't always control it, but it was there. Rilot had "known" that he was to leave the battle school*, he knew when he would first run into the beginnings of his group. It had gone on like that, sometimes he would know if an unborn babe would be male or female. Once he had known that the passing child with his mother was magiked...or would be.

It had happened like this : Rilot was sneaking through an alley after one of Alkron's officials when he passed an orphaned streetling. She was dirty from being knocked in the mud. She had noticed him when most don't. He had "known". She was the beginning of a chain of actions that could either leave this kingdom in ruin or salvation. He knew he had to find the others and bring them together, he had known-----

Then it was gone. As if his magik was but a match that had been blown out.

He needed the youths to find the lost magik.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Rilot shifted the sword on his back into a more comfortable position and slipped out of the building into the twilit dusk of the capital. Moving from shadow to shadow so as to avoid being followed he made his way to where he knew the girl spent her nights. When he reached the empty, burned out remains of what was once a bakery, he found only a couple of stray cats. Seeing him, the felines took off. 'Where was she?'

"I remember you." Rilot hid his surprise, he had no idea how she had sneaked up on him; he who was skilled at blending in and remaining unseen. the girl stepped out from the shadows of a broken beam; her eyes shone as if reflecting a hidden light and feline ears twitched on her head, he thought he caught a glimpse of a tail. Within the next second these features had melted away as if they had never existed. "Who are you?" Brown eyes met violet-blue eyes, each look calculating, one street wary and the other intrigued, both a sizing up of the unknown. Finally the girl flicked at her hair, as if she were used to longer hair and said, "My name is Ellamae Ardnet."

"Rilot Eldban." Her name sparked a great curiosity but he quelled it. Ardnet was the surname of the kingdom's most legendary questers. What was their descendant doing on the streets?

"Well...what do you want?"

"Your help."

^>^<^>^<^>^<^>^<^>^<^>^<^>^<^>^<^>^<^>^<^>^<^>^<^>^<^>^<^>^<^>^<^>^<^
    *The term battle school I found while reading the Ranger's Apprentice books.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Quest Post Here Empty Ellamae Ardnet

Post  Admin Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:28 am

Rilot Eldban, what could this man need her help with? Furthermore he had scared off her friends, and they were about to disclose the location of that night's meal. He had better make up for that.

"Why would you need my help?" For a streetling she had a way of talking that gave away her upbringing.

"I will explain when we got to meet the others." He paused, his eyes darting to her coat sleeve where she kept her knife. 'How did he know it was there?' "I would think that what I have in store for you would do justice to your roots." Taerin and Asling Ardnet. How many times had she dreamed of doing something as great as them? Shifting her foot in its boot she considered the man before her. He wasn't very old, maybe late twenties or early thirties. He looked honest enough. Alright, what did she have to lose. Mae knew that in a fight she had a good chance of winning, or at least getting away.

"Alright."

In the dark streets she had no trouble keeping him in her sight; she had shifted her eyes to those of a cat and could now see as clear as day in the dim light. Eventually they came to the outer buildings of the battle school and stopped in front of one of the shabbier looking ones.
    Kandra
    Kandra

Quest Post Here Empty Re: Quest Post Here

Post  Kandra Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:34 pm

Gemini

I jumped from building to building, making sure to stay hidden in the shadows. A trained assassin like myself knew that if you could see your enemy, they could see you. I was heading to a building on the map in my hands. Somone had sent me a letter. A letter that I did not expect. It was anonymous but it had said that they were asking for me to join them because I was a Lost Magiked. How they knew that, I knew not. Maybe they know where my sister went. My twin that is.

I had lost her on a mission, the area was lost to me. I just had to find her, but also I've been noticing that someone else had been searching for me as well. Late at night on missions, when I've run out of food, I have found a sack of fruit in my lap. I had of course checked for poison but there wasn't a trace. The same message was left each time. An outline of a fox on a scrap of paper. I knew it was directed at me because I never revealed to anyone that I didn't trust, my magik.

I was at the building now and easily slipped through the window. I was the first on here. I waited and more teens joined me. I was not alone. I leaned against a wall facing the door. Finally a guy entered after a long while with a stern look on his face. He had sent for us...

Jack

The trees swayed peacefully around me. I was leaned against a tree watching the leaves fall. I wasn't here without reason. I was just waiting for another pick up. Sometimes when I was alone like this, I would think about my close friend Gemini... We had only known each other a week.

I was 12, the same age as her. We met at an assassin base; she told me she was training there with her twin sister. In that short time we had spoken a lot about ourselves to each other. I don't know why but I felt like I could trust her. There was something about her that just.... That I couldn't let go. I would have stayed with her longer if it wasn't for my old leader. When I left I found out that he wanted to kill me because he discovered my magik. I ran away and they never found me. Later I discovered that Gemini was being tracked to be killed. Using my magik I snuck in and destroyed all records about them. They were safe. But I still can't be with Gemini. Not yet.

My eyes opened as I heard footsteps, close. My magik was already activated. The group had weapons on them. But I could handle that. With a smirk I made my way over to them and took them out one by one...

Sponsored content

Quest Post Here Empty Re: Quest Post Here

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:09 am