Walking Among The Clouds

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Walking Among The Clouds

This is where my friends and I write our stories, be it an RP or one they have come up with themselves. Here we discuss what to do, ask each other for critiques, and anything that comes up at the time. A connection source for the creative.

2 posters

How Many Can YOU Name? (Fairytales/Rhymes)

Poll

Are you willing to challenge your mind?

[ 0 ]
    How Many Can YOU Name? (Fairytales/Rhymes) Bar_left0%How Many Can YOU Name? (Fairytales/Rhymes) Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    How Many Can YOU Name? (Fairytales/Rhymes) Bar_left100%How Many Can YOU Name? (Fairytales/Rhymes) Bar_right [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    How Many Can YOU Name? (Fairytales/Rhymes) Bar_left0%How Many Can YOU Name? (Fairytales/Rhymes) Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 1
    Kandra
    Kandra

How Many Can YOU Name? (Fairytales/Rhymes) Empty How Many Can YOU Name? (Fairytales/Rhymes)

Post  Kandra Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:54 am

So I felt that a contest would be quite interesting for Saturday (hopefully people get on) Through the week if needed.

THE GOAL IS TO NAME AS MANY FAIRYTALES/STORY RHYMES AS YOU CAN! HOW FAR BACK CAN YOU DWELVE INTO YOUR MEMORY?

These can be anything and I will resist giving examples, for you will not be able to name them.

For stories, just list the titles as many as you can. Many stories you already know may just be fairytales or folklore. Google them for history if you want; you just may learn something xD

For songs you should be able to look them up and copy and paste

THE ONE WHO LISTS THE MOST STORIES GETS A SURPRISE! IF ANYONE IS JUST LOOKING TO CHALLENGE THEIR MINDS THEN THAT IS MORE THAN ACCEPTABLE XD THIS IS FOR FUN PPL and also.....

ONES WITH THE MOST SONGS/RHYMEING STORIES WILL GET A SPECIAL PRIZE. (They do seem the hardest to remember until you hear the names. Really odd how that is but it works)

STORIES WILL BE LISTED HERE LATER IN THE AFTERNOON AND YOUR USERNAME WILL BE BESIDES IT. LET'S SEE WHAT EVERYONE KNOWS AND DOESN'T KNOW.

STORIES (I put 5 for now but you guys can pull 10-15 atleast, with the simple ones)
    --------
    1.Hansel and Gretel- Admin / Yikes cannibal witch? And an abandoning mother, 4 shame
    2.Red Riding Hood- Admin / Well they got eaten then saved (Red and her grandmother)... yeah
    3. Sleeping Beauty- Admin / Curse on the kingdom and everyone fell asleep, many princes died in the thorns around the castle to get to her.... 0-o
    4. Cinderella- Admin / Slave driving step-mother.....and the step sisters got their eyes pecked out 0-0'''' the slippers were also gold and not glass xD but I guess the story could have any type of shoe
    5. Snow White- Admin / living with seven men and the queen eating her supposed "heart" in one version, also the poisoned apple and creepy disguises by the jealous queen
    6. Beauty and the Beast- Admin / Forcibly staying with a beast as an exchange, Gaston (as you can imagine) was trying to marry her and yadda yadda; it's the same any way you read it.
    SONGS (harder, trust me I know. But it does become clear like I said with a quick online search)
    ------
    1. Ring Around the Rosie- Admin (easier to organize by username)/ Came around the time of the Black Plague

Last edited by Xuki XIV on Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Kandra
    Kandra

How Many Can YOU Name? (Fairytales/Rhymes) Empty Re: How Many Can YOU Name? (Fairytales/Rhymes)

Post  Kandra Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:01 pm

-Participants Reserve Area
    Kandra
    Kandra

How Many Can YOU Name? (Fairytales/Rhymes) Empty Re: How Many Can YOU Name? (Fairytales/Rhymes)

Post  Kandra Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:19 pm

SOURCES TO USE FOR THOSE THAT MAY FEEL LOST

http://www.familymanagement.com/literacy/grimms/grimms-toc.html

A complete index of all the Grimm tales. Remember to be honest and only list which ones you actually know.

http://www.rhymes.org.uk/index.htm

An index of many nursery rhymes. Remember to seek those with dark backgrounds and only ones you know!
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:03 pm

the links to the lists is cheating but I will name some rhymes and some stories and add to it as they come back to me

Rhymes :
    Hickory Dickory Dock
    Humpty Dumpty
    Twinkle twinkle
    I'm a little teapot
    Ring around the rosy

Stories :
    Hansel and gretel
    Cinderella
    snow white
    sleeping beauty
    beauty and the beast
    little red riding hood
    jack and the bean stalk

(will add more later as they come back to me)
    Kandra
    Kandra

Post  Kandra Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:06 am

Saw yours Deidre, will edit momentarily
    Kandra
    Kandra

Post  Kandra Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:20 pm

Admin wrote:the links to the lists is cheating but I will name some rhymes and some stories and add to it as they come back to me

Rhymes :
    Hickory Dickory Dock
    Humpty Dumpty
    Twinkle twinkle
    I'm a little teapot
    Ring around the rosy

Stories :
    Hansel and gretel
    Cinderella
    snow white
    sleeping beauty
    beauty and the beast
    little red riding hood
    jack and the bean stalk

(will add more later as they come back to me)

Most of your rhymes were just nonsense xD though Hickory Dickory Dock has a few interesting things
    Hickory is an old indian term for a milky type of liquor xD and Dickory is a plant used to make healing tonics back in the day. (its exact description for it was a weed xD)
    Kandra
    Kandra

Post  Kandra Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:53 pm

NEWS 4 EVERYONE!

I'LL BE DRAWING MY VERSIONS OF THE CHARACTERS I PICK FOR MY ... STORY XD SO BE SURE TO GET UP MORE STORIES AND SONGS!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:04 am