Walking Among The Clouds

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Walking Among The Clouds

This is where my friends and I write our stories, be it an RP or one they have come up with themselves. Here we discuss what to do, ask each other for critiques, and anything that comes up at the time. A connection source for the creative.

2 posters

How To Decorate Your Posts: Advanced Version!

waytotheDAWN
    waytotheDAWN

How To Decorate Your Posts: Advanced Version! Empty How To Decorate Your Posts: Advanced Version!

Post  waytotheDAWN Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:39 am

INTRODUCTION

Welcome to How To Decorate Your Posts, the Advanced Version! Why advanced? Because the BBCode Guide in the lower right-hand corner is the beginner's version.

So, I suggest you read that first.

Did you read it? Did you WANT to read it? No? Yes? Great! Let's move on, regardless!

COLORS

Okay. So you all know about the colors list up above, correct? Just click the colorful grid and a rainbow of colors will suddenly be at your disposal. Except for one thing. Those are only fourteen out of the millions of color choices out there. They're WAY more.
    Here's an example. Do you see the color "purple" in that list. I see indigo. I see violet. But no purple. But what if, instead of THIS:

Code:
    [color=violet]example[/color]

You wrote THIS:

Code:
    [color=purple]example[/color]

Congratulations. You have just turned this example into this example. Sweet huh?

But even the words of colors are limited. Here's where we get into the millions: numbers and letters.

So say you have the color red. But did you know there's another way to write red? And I don't mean rojo, rosso or rouge. Ready for it? Here it goes: #FF0000

... Don't look at me like that, that's red, I'm telling you.

Don't believe me still? See for yourself.
    EXAMPLE
    EXAMPLE

One of those words was colored using RED as the tag. The other, using the code #FF0000. Can you tell the difference? You can't, can you?
    I TOLD you that was red.

Alright. Now I'm going to teach you how to color MORE than one thing at one time.

See this? This is pretty cool looking, huh?

What about this? Who knew you could color this little line in like that?

This is actually simpler to do than it looks, trust me.

For COLORED UNDERLINING (my first example), the code for it is THIS:
    Code:
    [color=INSERTCOLOROFCHOICEHERE][u][color=INSERTCOLOROFCHOICEHERE]example[/color][/u][/color]

For a COLORED STRIKETHROUGH, the code is THIS:
    Code:
    [color=INSERTCOLOROFCHOICEHERE][strike][color=INSERTCOLOROFCHOICEHERE]example[/color][/strike][/color]

Simple enough? Great. Now, for your usage, I have provided below a list of colors you can use. There aren't many number&letter colors, but you can get these from Photobucket, or any random color generator sight (I use Photobucket for mine).

REDS

indianred
    mediumvioletred
    crimson
    #dc0014
    firebrick
    darkred
    maroon
    darkvioletred

ORANGES

orangered
    coral
    darkorange
    tomato

YELLOWS

goldenrod
    darkgoldenred
    gold

GREENS

mediumseagreen
    darkseagreen
    forestgreen
    darkgreen
    olivedrab
    darkolivegreen

BLUES

lightseagreen
    cornflowerblue
    #80d0ff
    cadetblue
    #3333ff
    royalblue
    dodgerblue
    darkturquoise
    steelblue
    slateblue
    mediumslateblue
    #0099ff
    mediumblue
    teal
    darkcyan
    navy
    darkslateblue

PURPLES

#9999cc
    mediumorchid
    mediumpurple
    darkorchid
    blueviolet
    darkviolet
    purple
    darkmagenta

PINKS

pink
    #ec6df8
    hotpink
    palevioletred
    magenta
    deeppink

GRAYS

darkgray
    silver
    slategray
    gray
    dimgray
    darkslategray

ℒєтţeʁιnɞ

Lettering is a simple copy&paste thing. All you have to do is select the letter you want, copy it and paste it wherever you want. It can turn a word like this: Taylor into THIS: тαұłợя. Isn't that pretty? Add it with the coloring factor and ta-da!

You get THIS: тαұłợя

Smile Yay, we're learning!

Alright. Since lettering doesn't require much explanation, here's a list of letters for you!

A B C D E F G H I K L M N O P R S T U V Y
    a b c d e f g h i k l m n o p r s t u w x y

α в c d є ғ g н ι נ к ℓ м и σ ρ q я s т u v ω x y z
    ¢ ∂ ε ƒ ԍ ɱ ø ғ β ɗ ʁ § υ ů ğ η қ ş ţ ą ę ɖ ļ ợ ę ŗ ş ң ų
    ł ө ұ è ℒ ɞ

Yeah, I'm missing a couple. But Gaia doesn't like Zs for some reason. I can't find them!

S ♪ Y ● M ♥️ B ☆ O ✿ L ☯️ S

Using symbols is the exact same as using lettering: copy&paste. Symbols are just pretty - they don't need a point or a purpose, although they're mostly used to separate first names from last (i.e. Cornelius ➠ Daxton), as decoration to the beginning and end of a name (i.e. ☆ Cornelius Daxton ☆), creating a break or barrier in between two sections like this:
    ☆ Cornelius Daxton ☆

➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠

wordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswords

Arrows and dots are good for this sort of things. Or to start a new paragraph like so:

☆ Cornelius Daxton ☆

➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠➠

● wordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswords.

● wordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswords

See? Not hard at all.
    Ready for some symbols, everyone?

❀ → ☆ ≯ ♪ ☼ » ღ ๑ ☪️ ☽✿↓ ► ◄ ▬ 〠 ۝ εїз ф ✈️☑️ ☺️ ☁️↘️ ╰☆╮
    ჯ ※❁♠️ ★ ✥ ♦️♥️ ✚ † ♀ ♂ 「 」█ 天 使 【 ♰ 】❝ ❞☒♔ ▐ ● ❦ ↱▃▃ ∞ ✕ ✗
    ☸️ ☯️ ✭ ┏ ♞ ↪️ ¹ ² ❛ ⊹ ❜○ ➨ 『』 ⇣ ➠ 。 ☎️ ◥ ▀ ☩ ☽ ⊿ ▪️ ♬ ♫ ♭ ♮ ✖️

So there you have it. One handy-dandy posting guide, for anyone's disposal. And plus, I have now given you an extra way to be creative. And you can NEVER have too much creativity. Wink

Au revior,
    waytotheDAWN
    Tommy Stone
    Tommy Stone

How To Decorate Your Posts: Advanced Version! Empty Re: How To Decorate Your Posts: Advanced Version!

Post  Tommy Stone Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:35 pm

http://www.colorpicker.com/

Use this website for the color codes.
    Tommy Stone
    Tommy Stone

How To Decorate Your Posts: Advanced Version! Empty Re: How To Decorate Your Posts: Advanced Version!

Post  Tommy Stone Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:02 am

Also something to add to this if you switch editor modes, all you need to do is highlight the stuff you want to change and click the button such as bold, more times than not, it's easier to see than being all confused by the codes.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content